Yet the philosophy behind it is still misunderstood.
The origins and early philosophy concentrate on vitalism and spiritual inspiration, which looks at how the body works as a whole. A Chiropractor is therefore fundamentally different from a GP, in that Chiropractors place extra value on the benefit of on-going therapy and wellness. It works instead on promoting a healthy lifestyle without the need for medication. My focus as a chiropractor is to get rid of the interference in the nervous system through spinal adjustments; to allow the body to heal itself and function at its full potential.
The proof is in the wellness
At Optimal Chiropractic, we carry out a number of functions to promote wellness, like:
Correcting spinal subluxations
- Giving advice on sleeping positions and helping you select the perfect pillows (we also sell)
- Give nutritional advice and encouraging you to take Omega fish oils which improve the health of hair, skin and nails (We stock these too)
- Positive thinking
- Building a relationship with you to make sure you’re staying healthy
- Take part in speaker events around the world to spread the word of Chiropractic
- Regularly work with charity organisations
- Help school children stay active
We’re always happy to talk about wellness and the philosophy behind Chiropractic care. In fact, it’s the reason we became Chiropractors in the first place.
As always, if you need us, just call the office on 021 487 8465.